Supports emotional and mental well-being and moderates occasional stress. 5-hydroxytryptophan and l-tyrosine are key precursors for the synthesis of several neurotransmitters responsible for a healthy emotional outlook, including serotonin, dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine. These neurotransmitters are involved in the regulation of endocrine and brain activity in addition to sleep/wake cycles. Research suggests that l-tyrosine may also support cognitive function and memory under stressful conditions. A healthy level of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA is also associated with positive mood. Research suggests that both GABA and l-theanine enhance alpha wave production in the brain, promoting relaxation. Complementary support for relaxation is provided by passionflower, while Rhodiola rosea supports cognitive and mental function under stressful conditions. Vitamin B6 is a cofactor that plays an important role in supporting positive emotional health.‡
- Supports emotional and mental well-being‡
- Helps to moderate occasional stress‡
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
Emotional Wellness is a blend of amino acids, herbs and vitamin cofactors to promote a healthy emotional well-being. Emotional Wellness helps promote cognitive function during times of occasional stress.‡
Each vegetarian capsule contains:
- 5-hydroxytryptophan 100 mg
- L-tyrosine (free-form) 100 mg
- GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) 200 mg
- L-theanine 100 mg
- Rhodiola (Rhodiola rosea) extract (root) 100 mg
- (Standardized to contain 3% total rosavins and 1% salidroside)
- Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata) extract (aerial parts) 85 mg
- (Standardized to contain 3.5% vitexins)
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5' phosphate) (activated B6) 6.7 mg
Other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water), ascorbic palmitate
1 capsule, 1-3 times daily, between meals.
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women.
Certain ingredients have been associated with gastrointestinal side effects such as nausea, heartburn, vomiting, diarrhea or flatulence. In rare cases, l-tyrosine or passionflower can cause headache, dizziness, joint pain or ataxia.
There is one case report of ventricular tachycardia following passion flower administration. Consult your physician for more information.
Do not use concurrently with SSRI medications or MAO inhibitors.Passionflower and 5-HTP may be contraindicated with sedative medications. Consult your physician for more information.