Boswellia phytosome (Casperome)
Unique Boswellia extract bound to phosphatidylcholine for enhanced absorption*. A study comparing Casperome to the same Boswellia extract not complexed with phosphatidylcholine found 7-fold higher plasma levels of 11-keto-β-boswellic acid and 3-fold higher plasma levels of β-boswellic acid when the Boswellia phytosome was consumed. Curcumin phytosome (Meriva) A unique curcumin extract bound to phosphatidylcholine to significantly enhance absorption*. A randomized crossover study compared plasma levels of curcuminoids from curcumin complexed with phosphatidylcholine (Meriva) to non-complexed curcumin. Total plasma curcuminoid level from Meriva was 29-fold higher than when non-complexed curcumin was consumed. In an experimental murine model, curcumin phytosome (Meriva) exerted a relaxant effect on the muscles of the ileum and the colon. * Curcumin has been shown to help maintain normal neurotransmitter levels to support healthy GI function. Aloe vera (DaltonMax 700) A unique, 200:1-potency aloe extract with no laxative effect. DaltonMax 700 is organic and is taken only from the inner gel of the aloe plant. It does not contain any other portions of the plant that can cause gastric upset or have a laxative effect. It’s solvent-free, and its low-heat dehydration preserves its bioactive ingredients. Research supports aloe vera’s GI protective effects. Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum (PHGG) – Sunfiber. The short-chain fatty acid butyric acid (butyrate) is the primary fuel for the colonocytes in the large intestine and is produced in the colon by the fermentation of fiber, including guar gum. Butyrate is essential for helping to maintain healthy colonic structure and function..* In a study that compared PHGG to wheat bran, both substances significantly improved bowel habits in individuals who had less than ideal GI health.* Patient preference and fewer side effects were reported for PHGG. Another study using PHGG reported improved quality of life in a similar patient population. L-Glutamine In addition to being the main fuel for the enterocytes in the small intestine, glutamine also joins butyrate as a fuel source for the colonocytes lining the colon. Similar to the small intestine, the large intestine can become hyperpermeable. L-glutamine has been shown to ameliorate gut barrier dysfunction in the colonic epithelium.
- Husch J, Bohnet J, Fricker G, et al. Fitoterapia 2013;84:89-98.
- Cuoma J, Appendino G, Dern A, et al. J Nat Prod 2011;74:664-669.
- Aldini R, Budriesi R, Roda G, et al. PLoS ONE 2012;7(9):e44650.
- Micucci M, Aldini R, Cevenini M, et al. Curcuma longa L. PLoS ONE 2013;8(11):e80925.
- Yu Y, Wu S, Li J, et al. Metab Brain Dis 2015;30(1):47-55.
- Langmead L, Feakins R, Goldthorpe S. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2004;19:739-747.
- Park C, Nam D, Son H, et al. Int J Mol Med 2011;27:511-518.
- Parisi G, Zilli M, Miani M, et al. Dig Dis Sci 2002;47(8):1697-1704.
- Parisi G, Bottona E, Carrara M, et al. Dig Dis Sci 2005;50(6):1107-1112.
- Chaudhrey K, Shukla P, Mir H, et al. J Nutr Biochem 2015 Aug 20. [Epub ahead of print]
One Level Scoop (5.6 g) Contains
- L-Glutamine 2.5 g
- Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum&dagger 1 g
- Aloe Vera (Gel, dehydrate powder) ( Aloe barbadensis ) 250 mg
- Curcumin Phytosome ( Curcuma longa extract (root) / Phosphatidylcholine complex from Sunflower) 250 mg
- Indian Frankincense Phytosome ( Boswellia serrata,(oleo-gum-resin) / Phosphatidylcholine complex from Sunflower) 250 mg
Other Ingredients: Flavors, Citric Acid, Stevia extract (leaf) (Rebaudioside A 95%).
†This product uses Sunfiber®. Sunfiber is a registered trademark of Taiyo International, Inc.
This product uses Improve USA’s aloe (DaltonMax 700®).
DaltonMax 700 is a registered trademark of Improve USA.
This product uses Indena S.p.A.’s curcumin phytosome (Meriva®) and Indian frankincense phytosome (Casperome®).
Meriva and Casperome are registered trademarks of Indena S.p.A.
Aloe PE 200:1
Mix 1 level scoop one to two times daily with 5-6 oz. of water or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.
Servings Per Container: 30
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
Curcumin has been shown to reduce the therapeutic efficacy of cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan) in animal studies.
In vitro research revealed that curcumin decreased camptothecin-induced death of cultured breast cancer cells.
Curcumin might also interfere with the absorption and efficacy of the chemotherapy drug irinotecan, used to treat colon cancer.
The concurrent use of curcumin with these agents should be avoided.